Everything affects everything. #thirteenreasonswhy #jayasher
“You don’t know what goes on in anyone’s life but your own. And when you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re not messing with just that part. Unfortunately, you can’t be that precise and selective. When you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re messing with their entire life. Everything… affects everything.”
― Jay Asher, Thirteen Reasons Why
This quote is too strong to ignore.
I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.
Oh my gosh, I just finished reading The Fault In Our Stars.
Just give me a moment.
There will come a time when all of us are dead. All of us. There will come a time when there are no human beings remaining to remember that anyone ever existed or that our species ever did anything. There will be no one left to remember Aristotle or Cleopatra, let alone you. Everything that we did and built and wrote and thought and discovered will be forgotten and all of this will have been for naught. Maybe that time is coming soon and maybe it is millions of years away, but even if we survive the collapse of our sun, we will not survive forever. There was time before organisms experienced consciousness, and there will be time after. And if the inevitability of human oblivion worries you, I encourage you to ignore it. God knows that’s what everyone else does.”
― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
How I want to discover my love
- Me: Okay
- Love: Okay
- Me: *smiles* Okay
- Love: *smiles as well* Okay
I swear, music saved my life.
- There isn't a day where I don't sit back and think about the impact the bands and band members that I love have made on my life. People assume the music I listen to is 'satanic' or 'evil' and there's nothing evil about them at all. Their lyrics are filled with hope, experience, love, strength, and a passion that you don't find in many other genres of music these days. I could only dream that I'd make some sort of impact on people the way they saved thousands of people's lives with just the work of a few words. I'm eternally thankful for everything they've done for me. Feel free to add any bands and lyrics that have impacted you in some way <3
- <3 Kat
- Mayday Parade: I know I'm good for something I just haven't found it yet <3
- A Day to Remember: All I want is a place to call my home, to mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone.
- Pierce the Veil: Fine, maybe I'll pretend right now, but I swear to God, I'm gonna change the world. And I promise you, someday we'll tell ourselves; "Oh my God, this is paradise!"
- Memphis May Fire: Lift up your eyes discouraged one, when they say it can't be done, its up to you to show them why they're wrong.
- Sleeping With Sirens: I’m asking, who are you now? Did they break you apart? Won’t you fight back for what you want? Sometimes you gotta fall before you fly. We’re gonna work it out.
From You Against Me by Jenny Downham
Page 1 of 3